The whole idea of blogging is to let the world know what’s running in your seemingly introverted mind. If it isn’t for the acknowledgement from readers and fellow bloggers, one would have always opted for a personal diary or a similar app in the phone to jot down their ideologies and feelings. Bagging this award makes me feel that the words I type are being read and attended by the audience. Thank you Rashmi for nominating me.
Honestly, I am not a bit composed like Taylor Swift right now, although this is the way people would want someone to display an award in public. Perhaps, this is a blogger award and it’s better to get real and exhibit the magnificence as it is.
To all those who haven’t visited Rashmi’s blog yet, I insist you to check right away. Her observant nature and optimistic heart predominantly reflect in her words, which will leave you hooked to her articles forever.
Thank you once again, Rashmi, for nominating me. I’m hoping to gain more like-minded readers through this chain.
Rules of the Award
- To thank the persons who nominated you and link the post back to them.
- Display the Sunshine Blogger Award picture on your post.
- Answer the 11 questions the nominator gave you.
- Nominate 11 bloggers who motivate you.
- Provide 11 questions to your nominees.
Here are my answers to Rashmi’s questions.
1.How did you start blogging? Is it your profession or hobby?
I had been planning to start a blog since a decade. As a child, I always hoped and dreamed to become a writer someday. That was the problem back then – I procrastinated my passion for a day called someday that do not even exist in the seven days of a week. Following Baby D’s debut, I gave up my job to become a full-time mom. Being a stay-at-home mom is more challenging than every other phase I have experienced in life.
I do not maintain a disciplined routine but often found myself stuck with the kitchen chores. When I am not doing the dishes, I look after baby D. The latter makes my life worth living. A few months ago, on a Friday to be precise, I thought, “Why not start a blog now?” but immediately dropped the idea as it’s a time-consuming venture that requires continuous learning (oh yeah!) and dedication.
Did I say I dropped the idea? Like I’m allowed to! Four people(figuratively) stand behind the making of 93 (now 94) articles in my blog – Boona who promised she’d follow my blog no matter how see-arr-yay-pee-eee it gets (I’m lucky to gain a follower even before kickstarting the blog), Ajay who persuaded me to follow our childhood dream (I know you are happy for me, Ajay!), his friend A who taught me the technicalities of blogging, last but not the least, Dr.H who gave me the much needed confidence to remain consistent with the hobby.
Yes, it is a hobby as of now. I’ll be the happiest person on earth if this becomes a profession as well.
2.Do your family and friends read your blog and give you feedback on a regular basis? Does that encourage you?
Of course. It’s only with the constant support from friends and family members, every article in Merry Motherhood is birthed. As a writer, I become a victim of verbal memory dysfunction if my writings aren’t read or acknowledged. Fortunately, my world is a beautiful place and my work is doted on despite its imperfection. If you think having 1600+ followers is good enough, I owe this success to all of you. I guess this answers the second part of the question.
3. How has blogging changed you as a person?
The title of our blog being Merry Motherhood, I’m entitled to indite (only) the best moments of being a mother. Sometimes I end up chalking down the challenges as well but only with an optimistic tinge to it. I believe when life gives you lemons, you gotta embrace the organic offering and perhaps make a glass full of lemonade out of it. As a blogger I find my thoughts enriched with hopes and buoyancy so that I never run out of good vibes to spread in the blogosphere.
4.Are you generally a positive person?
Not at all. I have to manually train the brain to focus on the blessings. I’m a natural crepehanger if my thoughts are left unattended.
5.When you first started the blog, how did you know what you wanted to write about?
I am a first-time mom. Apparently, there is nothing better I could find other than to write about my trial and error experiments in parenting. Blurting out snippets is what I enjoy the most.
6. Do you blog every single day (as per plan) or as and when inspiration strikes?
I try my best to transcribe on a daily basis. Stats and comments fascinate me. The adrenaline rush before publishing the post – God! I live for it.
7. How do you feel about having a community of readers and followers for your blog?
Blissful and fortunate. I’m selectively social these days as I find dress-ups and formal exchanges of hello a bit intimidating. However there is always a tale I want to share to the world. Verbal communication fits my need in one go and it’s only with my beloved readers, my social life is complete. I respect your opinions and value your time. Thank you for beautifying my virtual world.
8. What are your plans for your blog for the future?
To continue respecting its presence in my life. Does that count as a plan?
9. What hobbies do you pursue?
Blogging and reading.
10. What are your dreams?
My prime dream is to taste success in all my endeavors armored with honesty, hard work and familial support.
11. Some books that you are reading at the moment…
Binge-reading Robin Sharma’s Family Wisdom (Amazon-affiliated clickable image below)
- Kavita Ramlal
- Bibiana Darwin (Hi Bibs!)
- Parvathy Sarat
- Abhijit Ray
- Shyni Nair
- Jessy B
- Lilly Eves World
- In a Love World
Questions for the Nominees (adapted from one of the chain links)
- What prompted you to start writing?
- How has your blog changed you as a person?
- Assuming you read books, name that one book which you often quote from.
- Name that one writer whose works you keep going back to read.
- Assuming you listen to music, what is that one song that you feel was written for you.
- Assuming yet again that you watch movies, name that one movie that made you rethink the way you lived your life.
- Who is that one person you love so much that you hate yourself for it? (in other words that one person you cannot imagine life without?
- What is your worst fear?
- What motivates you to wake up each day?
- Given a choice, would you hike up a mountain or go diving in the ocean?
- Happiness or Contentment? Why?
Have a nice day!